Spend the afternoon and evening relaxing at this pristine mountain lake near the Middlebury Snow Bowl. It's an short, easy hike - less than one mile off the Long Trail.
When & Where
Jul 31, 2020, 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Pleiad Lake, Hancock, VT 05748, USA
Who: All welcome, including kids and pups
What: Enjoy Lake Pleiad, a beautiful mountain lake near Middlebury. Swim, connect with friends, and explore the area. Possible remote camping for anyone interested.
When: Friday, July 31st. Meet anytime at the lake from 3pm to 8 pm (plan for time to hike in and out). Feel free to come earlier or stay later.
Where: Park at the Route 125 access to the Long Trail. Walk south on the Long Trail and follow signs to Lake Pleiad.
Bring: Picnic dinner, snacks, water, watershoes. See below for additional suggestions.
Host: Barabara Anne Montroll
- There is no beach, just rocks, so water shoes would be helpful
- The lake is an easy, 1 mile to walk in from Long Trail
- We'll go if there's llight rain, but will cancel if there's thunder
- Bring picnic dinner, snacks, water
- Other items to consider: bug spay, headlamp if you intend to stay late
- There is possible access to a fire circle
- No facilities of any kind: bring everything you need including water, toilet paper and shovel
- Pack in pack out
More info about the location: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/vermont/pleiad-lake-trail